Book Loot: Week Ending November 21st, 2010
Surprisingly restrained considering my afternoon(s) spent in Kinokuniya in Sydney.
- Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Black Island by Hergé
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Crab with the Golden Claws by Hergé
- The Adventures of Tintin: King Ottokar’s Sceptre by Hergé
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Shooting Star by Hergé
- QI: The Second Book of General Ignorance by John Lloyd and John Mitchinson
- Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
- Fresh Apples by Rachel Trezise
- Girl With Curious Hair by David Foster Wallace
I’ve had an amazing week. Words cannot even begin to express just how great it has been. I saw my favourite band the Manic Street Preachers for the first and second time, met them after both shows, and got a photo with Nicky Wire and James Dean Bradfield. This is a band that has shaped, influenced, changed, and inspired me for over twelve years, so this week was pretty damn important to me and they didn’t let me down. I was on the barrier for both shows, right up the front, screaming and singing my little lungs out. Amazing. And, to have the band be so gracious and attentive to their fans was just a bonus. Meeting fellow fans has also been an encouraging experience.
So, as it was, I didn’t exactly spend much time worrying about blogging. The only conclusion that I’ve managed to reach is that I want to continue writing about books and reading with enthusiasm and sincerity. Posting is going to continue being slightly irregular while I try and “figure things out.” Trust me, I am cringing as I write that. It sounds like the “it’s not you, it’s me” of book blogging.